The Lighthouse Runs On Volunteers!
We are recruiting volunteers for the 2017 summer season to assist visitors in learning about the Presque Isle Lighthouse. The lighthouse and tower will be open for public tours 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. beginning Memorial Day Weekend 2017.
What to expect as a volunteer:
- Volunteer opportunities include welcoming visitors, guiding tours, operating gift shop cash register, selling merchandise and tickets to climb Tower, or assisting with education programs.
- Each volunteer will receive a Volunteer Handbook, which includes complete guidelines and lighthouse history.
- SCRIPTS: Historical information for different volunteer jobs.
- Volunteers can sign up for a weekly shift(s) from 9:45 to 1:15 or 1:00 to 5:00 by completing the volunteer application and calendar. If you are able to commit to a particular day and time, it would be helpful and appreciated.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
How to get an application:
There are four different ways to get an application.
- Fill in your name and email address below and an application and calendar will be sent to your email address. OR
- Click on the links following to print a copy of the application and calendar. Volunteer Contact Info | 2017 Vol Cal 4-24 OR
- Call 814-833-3604 and LEAVE YOUR NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS ON THE ANSWERING MACHING. An application and calendar will be mailed to you. (Messages are checked daily during the summer season and regularly during the off-seasons.) OR
- Pick up forms at the Presque Isle Lighthouse, Presque Isle, Erie, PA.
Where to send the completed application and calendar:
Lighthouse Volunteer Coordinator, Mary Ambrose
Tom Ridge Environmental Center
301 Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
email to: email@example.com
or… bring the forms to the lighthouse when you visit.
The Volunteer Coordinator will call you to discuss the summer schedule.
If you have any questions, please call 814-833-3604.
- or email to above Gmail address.
Thank you and see you at the lighthouse!